My first impression:
A witty, good story teller, fine entertainer, charming presenter with a very good Portuguese accent -if I may add- that talks brilliantly about deep issues like "How can we use social justice in the classroom?"
He also mentioned/paraphrased a couple of quotes:
- Education is transformation.
- The basic of all education is love.
- Education starts from Students experience and reinforces or challenges status quo.
We can incorporate social issues into the classroom> some if the teaching tools he mentioned:
- I wonder ...
- Asking questions about photos.
- Poems - where students are the writers
- I remember ... *social changes
- I am from ...
- Drama - where students are "spectactors"
- Community projects
- Teachable moments
A practical hands-on approach!